SERUM : DEFINITION AND BENEFITS TO THE SKIN (PART 1)
We all know the basic skin care commandments by now: don’t go to bed with your makeup. Moisturize at all time. Use SPF like your life depends on it. You may not be as familiar with a recent skin mandate: make use of a serum. We’re serious; adding serums to our skin care routine has made the greatest difference to the look and feel of our faces.
WHAT ARE SERUMS?
Loaded with natural ingredients, glycerin , antioxidants, ceramides (cucumber, aloe vera, etc.) and vitamins such as C, K, E, skin serums are oil and water-based products capable of penetrating deeply into the layers of your skin to achieve amazing results.
HOW TO APPLY YOUR SERUM
Apply a serum to your everyday skin care routine to get the best results for beautiful-looking skin along with your cleanser, toner and moisturizer. Use only the product’s dime size.
– Use an alcohol-free toner after washing your face and leave it on the skin before adding your serum, by so doing, the ingredients will penetrate the skin deeply
– Wait a few minutes before applying a moisturizer to the skin until the serum is fully absorbed
Place your moisturizer in the fridge as it forces blood away from the skin and produces a vacuum effect to bring the active serum ingredients deeper into the skin when it is applied cold.
– Always use serums as directed and as recommended because prolonged serum use can cause skin irritation, rashes and itching.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE SERUM BEST FOR YOUR SKIN
Whether you’re blessed with a good skin or have troubled skin, even a beauty junkie may consider the sheer variety you have in serums a conundrum. To make sure you find one that fits your body, start by selecting a serum according to your form of skin dry, oily, mixed or sensitive. There is no such thing as best serum for anybody.
HOW ARE SERUMS DIFFERENT FROM MOISTURIZERS?
– Serum molecules are smaller than your regular moisturizer; therefore they penetrate deeper into the skin and yield better results.
– While serums deposit highly concentrated active nutrients, vitamins and minerals necessary for the treatment of different skin conditions, moisturizers provide the skin with moisture and hydration.
– The serum potency is greater than that of moisturizers. Unlike the latter, the results obtained are fast and efficient.