ACNE- SYMPTOMS, CAUSES AND TREATMENT (PART 2)
Prevention and management tips
Here are some tips for skin care that has or is susceptible to acne.
- Do not touch the face.
- Wash your face with warm water and mild soap made especially for acne no more than twice a day.
- Try wearing loose clothes to let the skin breathe if acne is on the back, shoulders or chest. Avoid narrow clothes like headbands, caps, and scarves, or if used, wash them frequently.
- Avoid anxiety and stress as it may boost cortisol and adrenaline production, which exacerbates acne.
- Wash your hands regularly, particularly before lotions, creams or make-up are applied.
- Do not scrub your skin or burst your pimples, as this may push the infection further down, leading to more blockage, inflammation and redness.
- Keep hair smooth as sebum and skin residues are collected. Avoid products containing greasy hair, such as cocoa butter
- Use a sharp safety razor or electrical shaver when shaving. Smooth the skin and beard before applying shaving cream with warm soapy water.
- Hold the telephone away from the face when speaking, as sebum and skin residue are likely to be present.
- Clean spectacles frequently as sebum and hair residues are collected.
- Choose skin-sensitive makeup and stop products based on oil. Before you sleep, remove the makeup.
Treatment depends on the severity and intensity of the acne
Over – the-counter (OTC) medicines such as gels, soaps, pads, creams, and lotions applied to the skin can be used to treat mild acne. For delicate skin, creams and lotions are the best. Gels based on alcohol dry the skin, making it better for oily skin. The following active ingredients may be found in OTC acne remedies:
- Retin-A: Helps unblock pores by rotating cells
- Resorcinol: Helps blackheads and whiteheads to break down
- Azelaic acid: Strengthens follicle-line cells, prevents sebum eruptions and decreases the development of bacteria. Acne cream is present, but rosacea is used in other forms.
- Sulfur: It’s unknown precisely how this works
- Benzoyl peroxide: Kills bacteria, speeds up skin replacement and slows sebum production
- Salicylic acid: Supports blackhead and whitehead breakdown and helps reduce inflammation and swelling
Since some preparations may cause skin irritation, redness, or first-use burning, to begin with, the smallest strengths is advisable. Effective treatments are available but acne can persist. The pimples and bumps cure slowly, and others appear to crop up when one starts to go away. Acne can cause emotional distress depending on its extent and stain the skin. The earlier you begin treatment, the lower your risk of problems like this.
Introducing our anti blemish Kit, which contains the anti blemish cleanser, baby face soap and cream. It helps treat any acne, or pimples related issues even sunburn. It contains Salicylic acid, Benzoyl peroxide and Sulfur. It enhances the skin elasticity and restores damaged rough skin with the help of moisturizing, fading acne scars, shrinking and relaxing pores.